Build it is committed to keeping all sensitive information secure. We take the data security of our online shoppers very seriously. We have a multitude of automated and manual checks in place to protect online buyers from fraudulent transactions. Our security protocols are, if not more, robust than South African banks and include; PCI-DSS Level 1 Compliant, Secure servers, 3D Secure, GEO IP Tracking, BIN/IIN Validation, Two-factor authentication, Validation checks and so much more.
Online security Tips
While online shopping presents a world of great experiences, it has also given rise to new security risks. Build it is committed to helping you stay safe online and we’ve put together some points you should always keep in mind:
- Make sure the URL is secure by checking if it starts with HTTPS:// - the “s” after “HTTP” shows you that it's a secure site. Some browsers will also indicate a secure site by having a lock icon appear before the URL. If you’re unsure, try searching for the company and website online to see if there have been any complaints or reports of scams.
- Ensure you have an updated anti-virus program installed, this will protect your device against any malicious sites and will alert you before allowing you to access such sites.
- Be careful of phishing scams. Don’t click on links in suspicious emails or on suspicious sites – particularly when it requires you to enter any personal details. If you’re unsure of the source of mails or the site, be sure to verify this with our Customer Care Contact Centre instead.
- When signing up for an account, choose a strong password that combines uppercase and lowercase letters, at least one digit, and a special character such as, “!” “#” $” etc. Avoid birthdays and easy combinations such as, “1234” or “0000”
- When using your credit card for online shopping, paying your Trade Account, or topping up your Deposit Account, Build it, through PayFast, will use 3D Secure as an additional security measure should your issuing bank support it.
- 3D Secure will authenticate your details and will authorize payment for online shopping. If your issuing bank supports 3D Secure but you have not activated it, you need to please contact your bank to activate it.